ACEC Washington Salary Survey
ACEC Washington conducts an annual salary survey specific to the design consulting industry. This in-depth survey covers the gamut of technical positions and administrative positions, as well as an analysis of benefit structures within the participating firms. Firms that participate in the survey receive a copy of the survey for free (a $250 value).
The survey focuses on Washington State for data, and is unique to this market. While the survey is distributed to all ACEC Washington members, select non-members are invited to participate as well.
TRUEbenefits coordinates with ACEC Washington and handles the main analysis of the data. The results are published by September 30th and coincides with a Business Practice Series event to discuss the trends and outlook within compensation and benefits.
About the Salary Survey
When is the survey announced?
- In June, the survey announcement is sent via email to ACEC Washington firm representatives and specific firm employees who complete the survey. If you complete the survey, and wish to be notified directly when the survey begins, please contact Michael Bull at ACEC Washington.
- How is data collected?
- The survey data is collected using a web-based survey tool.
- Are there any options to complete the survey not using the web-based tool?
- The survey announcement will include a downloadable PDF form which can be filled out. This form can be sent in as your firm submittal, or you can use the completed form as a source file as you complete the survey online (recommended).
- How do I get a copy of my firm's submittal for our records?
- If you complete the survey using the PDF form as a working copy, that is your copy of your submittal. For those that do not use the PDF form, you may request a copy of your firm's submittal by contacting ACEC Washington.
- How many questions is the survey?
- The survey is around 300 questions. However, that is including all the positions in the survey, which some firms do not have to complete.
- How long does the survey take to complete?
- Completion of the survey varies, based on how many questions are answered. From user feedback, the inputting of the data takes about four hours.
- How do I get a copy of the most recent Salary Survey?
- The survey is available at ACEC Washington's online store. ACEC Washington has two versions available: downloadable PDF or printed copy.
- I purchased the PDF version. How do I download it?
- For the PDF, login to your account on ACEC Connect and navigate to My Transactions > My Downloaded Items. The PDF will be listed there. Click on the survey to download it.